Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Oh, London




On April 25, 2014, I leave for London England. Who knows why people are drawn to certain cities but as a little girl, London had always fascinated me. When I was young, I just couldn't believe there was a country where I could go and still understand the language the people spoke. I liked the fact that if I went to England nothing I said would get lost in translation and I wouldn't have to waste any time conjugating verbs. 
However, the older I got, the more I learned about England. I was intrigued by how much my country had in common with England as well as the differences. The more I learned about England, the more I loved it. I loved learning about the British culture.

Anyways, I leave tomorrow and it doesn't feel real. Especially since I have been wanting to go for so long!  It's like one of those things that doesn't feel like they are going to happen until they ACTUALLY happen.
 I really don't want to raise my hopes up either because I know how I am. I know that I raise my hopes up incredibly high and then when reality doesn't meet my expectations, I get really depressed. 
Hopefully this trip won't depress me and hopefully everything will work out smoothly. 
I'm sure there will be a few bumps along the way, but it's nothing I can't manage. I mean sure, I've never ridden on a plane before so I am really nervous about that but I'm, brave... Well I'm good at faking brave. 
I'm going to need a lot of courage this week though, genuine or fake, I don't care. Anything that will get me through this trip happy and safe. 
If you have any flight/travel/London tips let me know. 
Sorry if this is all over the place... I was a bit stupid and scheduled to leave for London on the last day of this semester so I'm sure you can see that I am one giant ball of stress trying to juggle planning and projects so yeah... 
Thanks! 
-Katiexxx

0 comments: